Pumps in house design and engineering team came up with an extremely versatile product in the form of our Mini Tank Pump, using our proven ultra reliable, solid state electronic Hall Effect float sensor technology, we don’t use un-reliable reed switches unlike most of our competitors."
THE NEW TANK PUMP
IS A QUARTER OF THE SIZE
OF OUR HI-FLOW 1L
HALL EFFECT SENSOR
TYPICAL GLASS COVERED
HOW THE LORENTZ FORCE
AFFECTS THE PATH OF
ELECTRONS IN A HALL
In this article, I thought we should take a look at Aspen® Mini Tank Pumps.
Most condensate pump manufacturers have what we all consider to be a basic, low cost range of tank pumps, usually a motor driven impeller type, utilising low cost, shaded pole type motors.
These motors generally are poor in terms of energy efficiency loosing lots of energy by way of heat, requiring cooling, and taking up lots of space along with the impeller housing. Most manufactures have a range of these simple low cost pumps, typically based around capacity and physical size, and this is where we come to the Aspen® Mini Tank Pump. Clearly there is a requirement for a pump of a small physical size, with useful volumetric efficiency and low energy use.
Aspen® Pumps in house design and engineering team came up with an extremely versatile product in the form of our Mini Tank Pump, using our proven ultra reliable, solid state electronic Hall Effect float sensor technology, we don’t use un-reliable reed switches unlike most of our competitors.
Couple this with our ultra reliable piston pump motors, fully potted electrics, and copper filters for self cleaning hygiene, another unique Aspen® feature, and last but not least the ability to use as an “In Pan Pump”
Take those features, let’s look at them individually.
- Physical size; 180 x 90 x 70mm, only a quarter the size of our high flow 1litre, will fit the tightest of spaces for a tank pump, suitable for floor mounted or under ceiling units, inside mobile AC units, or ice machines, can be used in water chillers etc.
- Hall Effect Sensors; works at the electron level, by creating a force via a magnetic field called the Lorentz force, alters the direction of electrons, unlike reed switches encased in glass vials, Hall Effect sensors are solid state integrated circuits, no moving contacts to fail, recognised to have
far superior reliability than reed switches.
- Piston Pump Motors; Aspen® has been using and developing piston pump
technology in the field of condensate removal for nearly two decades, we understand the technology,
look at our recent “silent plus” range. Aspen® Mini Tank Pumps uses our well proven Maxi Motors, with a flow rate of up to 50 litres per hour at zero head and a maximum recommended working head of 10mtrs (10ltrs per hour at 10mtrs head) suitable for both small and large AHU’s.
- Fully Potted; Aspen® has used potting to seal our electronics and motors for many years, a valuable lesson learnt years ago, you can’t always assume an installation will never leak, if it does, invariably water will end up in the electrical components, it’s an instant failure. Potting stops this once and for all. Aspen® Mini Tank Pumps are fully submersible and carry IP67 rating.
- Copper Filter: Many metals have unique properties, copper is one of a group of metals
including silver and brass, known as “Olygodynamic” which in essence means these metals have a toxic effect on living cells such as algae, moulds, spores, viruses etc. it has been known for many years putting brass door knobs and fingerplates in hospitals cuts down on transmitted infections, brass “self cleans” itself in about 8 hours. Aspen® Pumps has used copper filters for beneficial hygiene in pumps for many years.
- In Pan Use; some time ago one of our distributors asked me if it was possible to design
a pump for in pan use as one of his suppliers stopped making this type of pump, there was no other suitable replacement available, Aspen® Mini Tank Pump lent itself during development to
this exact role, we simply put a convenient “knock out” in the base of the pump to allow this to happen, this highlights our close co operation with our customers, listening to their needs, and our unique ability to incorporate sometimes simple, other times much more complex and innovative features in our products.
As with all Aspen® Pumps, plastics are of Fire Retardant high specification.
All pumps carry CE certification many are certified to ETL/CSA/UL standards we also have compliance in Australia and Russia.
Believe it or not most of our pumps are made here on site in Hailsham, we design and manufacture our own electronics on site, we have our own robotic pick and place surface mount electronics machinery and flow solder line, we are proud to be able to say we are a genuine UK manufacturer, supporting the UK economy, exporting to over 70 countries, including Japan, China, India, many parts of Asia, North and South America.
We are a great team full of friendly people ready to help you, give us a call.